Friday, October 24, 2008

Red Ribbon Week

This week was Red Ribbon Week at Avery's school. Everything with school is such a big deal. She comes home so excited. So the other day we were talking and she was telling me all about red ribbon week and about these wrist bands they had to wear every day. She proceeds to tell me "Mom we just say no to drugs". I am thinking great she gets the point that we never do drugs or bad things like that. Then she goes on to say "oh and by the way mom what are drugs". I just kind of chuckled. How innocent she is. I really wish that all my kids could stay innocent forever and never have to learn all the bad things of the world. But at least she knows to just say no to drugs now even if she doesn't know what they are.

4 comments:

Tara said...

Too cute. Jackson's Red Ribbon Week is next week. It should spark some interesting conversation at our house. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for bring jack back home after the movie. Sorry I couldn't make it.

Allyson said...

Bless her heart! That is so cute!

Larson 7 said...

Abby, I just found your blog! I'm excited to catch up on Avery, Tate, and Bo.
Nicole

The Wards said...

I'm trying to invent a bubble so our kids can remain innocent FOREVER!!!! Ha, I wish!!! She is so cute!